Roles and Responsibilities
This role will provide support within the FP&A group for providing and interpreting Financial information, performing variance analysis of financials Actual vs Budget/Forecast. Part of the commercial finance organization, this role is to provide Senior Business Managers across the organization with decision support analysis.
- Develop a good understanding of Clarivate/CPA business, key performance indicators, segments business operates in;
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, formatting, analyzing, and explaining information in a meaningful way; Streamlining development of standard reports through Automation.
- Provide key-insights on cost trends, ability to work on developing zero based cost model to support our new business strategy;
- Prepare key discussion documents to enable a meaningful conversation with cost centre managers and function heads;
- Act as a primary contact for business in resolving any finance related issues by working closely with other departments within finance function like Billing, Collections, Accounting etc.
- Support the internal clients by gathering key inputs for their budgets/forecasts regularly and ensure the same is correctly flowed in the systems and communicated back to the stakeholders;
- In supporting the above roles, maintain the confidentiality of key sensitive information
Ensure compliance with CPA Global Code of Business Ethics and Corporate Conduct
- Qualifies CA / MBA with around 5-8 years experience with at least 2 years of relevant experience in Financial planning or analysis.
- MS Excel (medium to advanced level), MS PowerPoint and Word. Understanding of financial concepts, database e.g. ledger dump, planning system etc. will be required.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Strong attention to detail, especially for purposes of ensuring accurate reporting, presentation and formatting of reports in a professional manner using MS Excel.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work with tight timelines and manage deliverables.
- Strong commercial acumen, analytical skills, ability to interpret complex commercial information and determine the business implications
- Strong team player and ablity to work together cohesively globally
- Strong client focus with a ability to understand clients needs through active listening to become a trusted advisor.
- Work proactively to deliver appropriate services and products that are commercially viable by reducing costs, or improving efficiency
- Demonstrate a strong determination to succeed and achieve the best possible business outcomes.
- The ability to multi-task on varying priorities, projects and initiatives
- Ability to seek ways to deliver business services and products through improved and innovative ways of working and by challenging the status quo. Sees change as an opportunity for business improvement.