We are hiring Payroll Team Lead for Canadian Process,
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Maintain a calendar of payroll deadlines and ensure that information is received on time for processing and that cutoff dates/times are met
- Ensure payroll data is entered into the payroll system prior to the processing date and that it is done accurately
- Review payroll reports and timesheets for accuracy prior to processing
- Assist in tax calculations and filing activities as per regulatory requirements
- Compile operational payroll metrics & dashboards
- Prepare periodic payroll reconciliation and submit reports to the payroll manager for review
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous working experience in payroll preparation of more than 2 years on US/Canadian Payroll processing
- College degree in accounting or business administration
- In-depth knowledge of general accounting principles and payroll best practices
- Hands-on experience with relevant software (Payworks, ADP, Ceridian, Paychex, Gusto, Wagepoint) and databases
- Efficiency in Microsoft Excel/Google sheets (including working with Macros)
- Demonstrated ability to perform processes in an organized, systematic fashion
- Passionate about technology and comfortable learning new systems
- Proven successful track record in meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
Working Model: This is a remote working opportunity. We are currently working from home taking all COVID precautions.
* If you do not have prior US or Canadian payroll experience, kindly do not apply.
* At least 2 years experience with lead role.
Immediate joiners are especially appreciated.