Greetings from Oceaneering!
We are looking for Software Application Engineer/Elastic Search Developer referring to the JD below.
We are looking for Elastic Search Developer with strong experience in technical and analytical skills, with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice security principles.
- Primary responsibility will be creation of large or complex applications that facilitate the achievement of business outcomes through the use of process and technology
- Collaborate day-to-day with an energetic team of like-minded developers, product managers and others.
- Candidate should be very much proactive and possess positive attitude.
- Should be highly self motivated and strong team player
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Quickly learn existing applications in portfolio and should be able to provide support.
- Full Time Graduates / Post Graduates in: BE / BTech / ME / MTech / MSc / MCA / MCM / MS
- 3-6 Experience in Open source technologies, including Object-Oriented Languages like Java, Python, C++
- Knowledge of the Web API, Elasticsearch, Postgres, MongoDB, MYSQL, Redis, SQLite, Oracle 9i
- Design and develop data ingestion scripts to load data into Elasticsearch from disparate custom data sources.
- Design and develop data-quality improvement methods and scripts to address the completeness, currency, accuracy and availability of the data.
- Enable API based data consumption from Elasticsearch to external applications
- Write efficient queries to extract data from Elasticsearch as possible payload for visualization in an external dashboard.
- Experience with establishing logging best practice and influencing teams in adoption them.
- Experience in troubleshooting Elasticsearch deployment including systems and software levels
- Experience performing Elasticsearch diagnostics and performance turning is a plus
- Prior experience on Linux Os and servers configurations, CI/CD, Dockers, Heroku, Cloud Computing, Powershell
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
- Expert knowledge in Object Oriented Principles and Design Patterns
- Experience developing software using Agile/Scrum methodology
- Strong interpersonal skills and independent time management skills
- Proficient with APIs and Service oriented architectures
- Fundamental understanding of web-based systems programming and development
- Experience with JIRA will be added advantage
- Expert knowledge in database design and development
- Expertise in n-tier web architectures, SOA and related technologies (XML, SOAP, REST, JSON, etc.)
- Prior hands on solution architecture experience in large big data projects.
- Experience in authentication and encryption methodologies
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
- Must be able to speak and write English with advanced proficiencies and experience speaking with international customers is a plus.
- Should be able to work independently, as well as on teams, in an agile, global environment
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrows challenges, today. As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership. We are connecting whats needed with whats next as the worlds largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently