Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
Procurement, Indirect Buying, Order Management
Procurement department is designed to support the Vestas' Global Business and its End Customers. Our strategic goal is to build a entrepreneurial advantage for Vestas in the growing market and making it even more powerful in the coming years. Given the dynamics of the market and our dedicated wish to claim leadership in that market, you will join a ever-growing environment with a good growth potential.
Procurement Department is a vital presence in making this happen. We are therefore in the process of building a strong global team, with the goal to deliver world class sourcing and category management strategy, improving cost, quality and on time delivery. As a part of this team we are now looking for a dynamic Buyers, who has the skills, motivation, energy and aspiration to contribute to this vision.
* Effectively engage and collaborate with Business stakeholders, in order to solve operational issues and problems related to Purchase Orders/Maintenance with speed and quality
* Support Accounts Payables Team on invoice handling and effectively resolve escalated/exception invoices and ensure that invoices are resolved and processed accurately
* Provide high-quality customer service to all, including vendors, operating facilities, corporate headquarters, and SSC teammates
* Reviews requisitions pool, to ensure that all requisitions are processed or issued to respective buyers
* Ensures PO's are issued in accordance with Vestas' Procurement policy buying requirements
* Create non/catalogue PO thru SAP and use of other Vestas' systems
* Follow up with suppliers for confirmation and delivery of Goods / services
* Ensure On Time Delivery and Receipt of Goods / Services
* Modify/cancel/close PO
* Decides on rejection of transactions for non-adherence to policies and adequate documentation, therefore deferring processing until the appropriate level of approval or proper documentation is obtained
* Ensures timely, within accepted and agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA), and accurate processing of requests to maintain customer satisfaction
* Participates in customer calls as needed
* Performs testing for system enhancements or resolutions to ensure that updates/changes will not make a difference the production process once implemented
* Runs reports such as, but not limited to, Open Order Query Report
* Reporting to track open orders, supplier confirmations, and delivery dates to ensure communication of order and delivery status
* Provide support and cover for other team members as necessary
* Bachelor's degree With at least 3 - 6 years of experience in Procurement / Supply chain function
* Solid SAP skills & with good understanding of the P2P processes and reporting
* Professional competency level in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Should be able to read, write and speak French fluently
* Good understanding of SAP procurement related MD (PIR, vendor master, quota arrangements and source lists) is an advantage
* Knowledgeable in SAP standard procurement reports
* Excellent English written and verbal communication skills and able to speak with conviction
* Flexibility to work in complete Night Shifts and occasionally overtime when needed
* Outgoing and polite towards our stakeholders
* Effective time management, documentation and organizational skills
* Able to rapidly learn technical and business techniques and knowledge
What We Offer
We offer a very exciting job in a flat, multi-cultural and dynamic department focusing on reaching world class results. To us, it is all about knowing the market and our customers, defining the right solutions and getting it done - all in the best possible way. We would like you to participate in that mission.
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time,