Roles and Responsibilities
The DLP Security Analyst will be primarily responsible for the daily monitoring and/or maintenance of the enterprise Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solution (Endpoint, Email, Network, etc). The main duties of the person in this role will include proper care and administration of the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) environments and monitoring and responding to the alerts that generate from the tool. This person will interface with Service Managers, IT Operations, Network Operations, Infrastructure teams, Legal, Risk Management, etc.
Work with vendors to support the DLP technology (troubleshooting, upgrades, etc.)
- Administration of the DLP tools which includes configuring policies and reporting
- Monitor and respond to alerts generated from the DLP systems and other technologies
- Understand and follow the incident response process through event escalations
- Respond to escalations by the Incident Response Team
- Follow processes to maintain the DLP system
- Other tasks as assigned
Desired Candidate Profile
- 5 years of relevant experience in Data Protection Security
- Hands-on experience with implementation of DLP technology across a large enterprise
- Should have worked on various DLP OEMSs Like Symantec, Forcepoint, MacAfee etc.
- Administration of the DLP tools to include configuration of policies, upgrading, patching etc.
- Monitor and respond to alerts generated from the DLP systems and other technologies.
- Understand and follow the incident response process through event escalations.
- Collaborate with business groups to help them identify, classify, and secure high value data.
- Sound knowledge of DLP versions, patches and other initiatives for system updating/up gradation.
- Implementation of proactive measures to enhance accuracy and effectiveness of DLP tools.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of organizational network architectures including cloud.
- Experience in maintaining various metrices and SLAs
- Good to have skills like DAM, Database Management etc.
- Supporting Information Security Technology
- Information Security concepts related to Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Technology support and Event Handling
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Administration of the DLP tools which includes configuring policies, upgrading and patching, etc.
- Proven effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to independently research and solve technical issues
- Demonstrated integrity in a professional environment
- Knowledge of core Information Security concepts related to Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Excellent teaming skills
- Good social, communication, and technical writing skills
- Security generalist familiar with security and privacy frameworks, compliance (security & privacy) requirements and security and privacy department planning and operations
- Ability to work in and adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to lead junior security analysts
- Conversant in basic project management principles and project quality methods
- Implement data protection solutions. Preference for at least one current recognized security professional certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA or ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
- Preference for at least one current recognized technical certification such as Symantec CSP in Data Protection, Certified McAfee Security Specialist or Expert, or RSA Certified McAfee Security Specialist (CMSS - DLP Focus), Websense Data Security Suite (DSS) Professional, Informatica Certified Specialist or Expert, or RSA Certified
QUALIFICATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS, AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field.
Professional certifications such as the Security+,
CHENNAI CLIENT PLACE
BE/ B. TECH / Graduate
Certified Forcepoint DLP Administrator