Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.”
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Professional Services engage in various projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed with success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teamss to access to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. You will work with our customers and partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops and execute migration projects.
You will be based in Hyderabad/Bangalore/Pune and might have to travel globally to ensure customer success.
• Employ customer-facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with technical and business teams.
• As a key member of the team, ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
• Participate in architectural discussions and design exercise and development to create large scale solutions built on AWS.
• Automate solutions for repeatable problems.
• Develop test plan and test cases to demonstrate application/database readiness post-migration.
• Work with application teams to ensure business functionality and SLAs are met.
• Consult for the optimal design of database environments, analysing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
• Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS and AWS services.
• Partner with the sales team to design solutions for customers that drive AWS adoption and revenue.
• Conduct technical sessions for internal teams, partners and customers
15+ years of IT experience most of which will have been in helping the design and implementation of the software suite/module.
5+ years in mentoring or leading a team.
4+ years of experience on any Cloud Platform (AWS, Azure, Google etc).
Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations.
Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, PowerShell, Ansible,
Strong hands-on experience on CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Team city etc.
Configuration management using CloudFormation and/or Chef/Puppet.
Containerization of applications using ECS or EKS or Docker.
Implementing experience with primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, and Route53 & S3)
Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale.
AWS Solutions Architect/DevOps/SysOps Certified
Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
Experience in programming languages like Java/Python.
Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.).
Extended travel to customer locations may be required to sell and deliver professional services as needed
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.