A Production Manager is a professional who oversees the production process and coordinates all activities to ensure enough resources on hand. They can plan workers' schedules, estimate costs and prepare budgets to ensure workflow meets required deadlines.
Production Manager responsibilities include:
- Liaising with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Estimating costs and preparing budgets
- Organizing workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel (quality inspectors, workers etc.)
- Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.)
- Approve maintenance work, purchasing of equipment etc.
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Enforce health and safety precautions
- Report to upper management