Role Holder will be responsible for the establishment of quality standards and operating procedures for products and processes to ensure product reliability, consistency, and safety. S/he will also develop and implement an audit procedure to ensure that the quality SOPs are being followed at each location Further, he/she will be responsible for developing training programs to train plant personnel in the various elements of a quality tool-box and provide subject matter expertise to the plants to address major quality issues.
- Role holder will lead, develop,ensure implementation of the QMS,processes and SOP in the existing and newly acquired Business Units.
- Establish quality and reliability standards by studying industry benchmarks and the requirements of customers
- Continuous review of the existing SOPs to ensure quality excellence
- Be the main customer-facing contact for the company with key customers in presenting the company’s quality program and addressing issues raised in customer quality audits
- Evaluates production operations from a strategic level to ensure that they are capable of consistently producing products that meet quality, integrity, functionality, and other specifications and requirements.
- Collaborates with management and senior resources across production departments and roles to draft acceptable quality standards.
- Assist the SBUsto develop methodologies to prevent non-conformances, customer complaints, concession and rework and to develop corrective and preventative actions within required timeframe
- Actively develop tools to measure the cost of quality and assist SBUs in developing programs to reduce thesecostsincluding through the reduction of in-house scrap and waste, rejects and customer returns.
- Explore low-cost automation techniques to assess and monitor quality levels while reducing manual sampling/testing including automated vision and inspection systems
- Develop quality KPIs and improvement targets for the company and individual SBUs and report progress to senior management and the board
- Drive thenecessary culture change to ensure that all parts and functions of the company are customer focused.
- Be the subject mattr expert to assist SBU s develop a common quality tool-box including TQM, 5-Why, brainstorming, fish-boning, SPC, 6-sigma, DOE and other such quality improvement techniques
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal (Sales,Commercial,Opex,Plant Unit Heads) and external stakeholders.
- Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost.
Skills and Attributes:
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimize team performance anddevelopment
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders andsuppliers
- Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at alllevels
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencingskills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solvingabilities
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against projectdeadlines
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managingbudgets
- An appreciation of and an ability to positively resolve issues arising from differentcultures
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Quality Management or Engineering with 15 Years’ experience.
- Appropriate qualification in qualitymanagement and understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standards
- Subject matter expertise in quality techniques such as SPC (Statistical process control), Design of Experiments (DOE), and 6-Sigma.
- Knowledge of ISO quality standards and experience performing quality product safety audits
- Experience of operating and influencing at a strategiclevel in visioning and developing Quality Management Systems for large manufacturing organizations.
- Technical aptitude to quickly learn the technical processes and equipment utilized in plastic processing
Certification in quality techniques e.g., Black belt in Six Sigma, Lean, TPM/TQM certification