- Responsible for manage revenue accounting process for TowerCo business where he/she will be responsible to ensure revenue accounting process in compliance with MSA and relevant Accounting standard after the billing period is closed. Responsible to implement a robust and control driven billing, revenue accounting and reporting processes.
- Role required taking complete ownership of the reconciliation of the monthly billing data to the revenue reporting, revenue period closure, providing analysis to business and ensuring revenue reporting as needed for TowerCo business.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical capabilities and technical knowledge to provide analytics of billing, accruals, revenue and deferment to management for decision making. The ideal candidate should also possess a good skill to communicate effectively, develop & build team. The ideal candidate should also enjoy improving and streamlining processes and will have the ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely to stakeholders.
- Manage day to day operation to deliver timely and accurate monthly billing process and revenue accounting within the agreed month end timetable
- Perform month end closing task and provide MEC reports to LM and other stakeholders
- Ensure correctness of deferment of revenue accounting and necessary reclassification for accurate reporting for billed & unbilled transactions
- Provide analytics to management on rating engine, missing data, accruals and revenue on monthly basis for decision making
- Ensure completeness/accuracy and be able to explain key trends and movements.
- Review all account reconciliations, provide commentary, investigate and resolve reconciling items.
- Ensuring monitoring and resolution of intercompany mismatches and Balances sheet reconciliation substantiations
- Provide analysis of the results to the business, giving insight into the drivers behind the trends.
- Provide analysis on lease and energy revenue to management along with support in dispute management with LM
- Ensure sub-lease transactions are correctly accounted in all ledger as per accounting schema
- Ensure S16 compliances and ensure necessary accounting impact are given in all Z1, OL and Z4 ledger
- Ensures the correctness and completeness of OL and Z4 ledger balance sheet accounts of TowerCo
- Provide support in statutory and internal audit
- Review and prepare SOX controls documentation for agreed RCM for billing and revenue process
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Putting Customers First – Focus on delivering customer needs. Invites feedback from customers. Ability to build effective working relationships,
- Must be a team player who work closely with all team members and provide support to each team members in delivery
- Delivering Results – drive for results. Competent and numeric with the ability to review and analyse results.
- Must be task oriented and flexible to a changing environment
- Communicating for Impact – Strong communication skills and the ability to convey information both within and outside the Finance arena. Ability to interact and influence at all levels.
- Needs to be quick learner of new process and should able to do multitasking
- Ability to think process improvement areas for process efficiency and effectiveness
Must have technical / professional qualifications
- Preferably a Qualified Accountant/ MBA with 6-8 years of experience
- Billing, REFX experience preferred
- Strong technical accounting knowledge specially in IFRS 16 and Revenue Accounting
- Team Leader, Team player with positive attitude.
- Experience in process automation and process re-engineering.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the mobile telecommunications industry and TowerCo business is an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Excel essential.
- Knowledge of SAP, REFX, Business Objects, Access an advantage.