Roles and Responsibilities
We are seeking a versatile Software Development Manager to develop cutting-edge IoT software solutions to optimize and grow our business operations. In this role, your duties will include managing the careers of Software Developers, the application of programming technologies, processes, and methodologies to develop, maintain, deploy and support business applications in a Product based development environment.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of Software Engineers on Connectivity products used and enjoyed by customers worldwide;
- Responsible for hiring and career development/planning, performance, and pay discussions of team members
- Applies knowledge of software engineering, programming, technologies, processes, and methodologies to develop, maintain and support enterprise IoT applications.
- Enable management of availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of Connectivity product development by instilling software quality into our development life cycle with a focus on fault-tolerant approaches.
- Drive and achieve Secure software development practices and results.
- Implement metrics-driven processes to ensure development quality targets are met.
- Collaborate with global teams to deliver critical projects on time and within budget
- Provides oversight of resources, budgets, projects, and programs.
- Highly experienced with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Cloud Native, Microservice, Container, and Serverless technologies
- Experience working in and with global teams
- Software Requirements Analysis and Modelling skillsets, e.g. UML
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Extensive experience in developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions using modern techniques such as CI-CD, DevOps, etc.
- Knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity
- Ability to keep up with software industry trends and innovation.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project Management Skills
- 4+ years experience managing software development teams
- 12+ years of hands-on experience in software development
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or similar.
Join us as a Senior Engineer Manager of software Development on our Product Connectivity IoT team in Bangalore, India to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.