1. Carry out periodical verification of stock to match with the records and available physical stock of material/items.
2. Check all formality related to incoming items such as delivery challan, invoice, purchase order, test certificate, weight slip, etc.
3. Ensure material/item is counted/weighed/measured before unloading and receipt.
4. Ensure material is checked for adequacies such as breakage, distortion, and deterioration before unloading.
5. Proper storage of construction material as per preservation manuals.
6. Periodically review the GRN, Goods inward register & another document for Correctness.
7. Proactively stipulated the volume of material to be a store, stack, and handled by means of various communication/documents (e.g. MDCC / Shipping Notice, etc.) received from H.O.
8. Based on the stipulated volume of inventory to be handled analysis of warehouse / Yards available and if not sufficient what kind of action to be initiate.
9. To ensure proper issue and reconciliation of the inventory physical as well as in system/books.
10. To carry out procurement activities related to the Site.
Role & Responsibilities
1. Receiving and unloading of Construction Material at the project site.
2. Maintain the inward and outward register of the project material.
3. Preparation of GRN of incoming Material and processing for bill payment.
4. Ensure material/item is approved by the quality department before accepting it for storage.
5. Issue of material to contractor against SO and ensure standard procedures are followed and booking in SAP.
6. Ensure all materials in stores/stockyards are stacked and stored as per the standard storing procedure.
7. Ensure all hazardous material is handled carefully as per environment, health, and safety norms.
8. Ensure appropriate manual/mechanical methods are adopted when; loading, unloading, shifting, and placing the material/item in stores/stockyard to ensure the safety of personal and material/item.
9. Regular co-ordination with user dept. for the planning of material requirements.
10. Provide Assistance to HO for procurement of goods and services as per site requirement.
11. Co-ordination with Commodity supplier and ensure uninterrupted supply at the site.
12. Visit the supplier's works as and when required.
13. Reconciliation of the free issue materials of the contractor.
14. Preparation and circulation of Monthly MIS of Dept.
15. Co-ordinate with purchase, accounts departments for bill clearance.
16. Site procurement (including RFQ, get Quote, Comparison, Negotiation, and preparation of NFA) in coordination with HO.
1. Capable of independent thought.
2. Fast decision-making.
4. Strong interpersonal, communication skills
5. Negotiation skills.
6. Analytical skill
1. Self-driven persistent approach.
4. Team player
6. Sub-delegation and holding accountability.
7. Result orientated
Physical Standard (if any)
1. Good Health
2. Good Personality
Special Skills w.r.t. Job (if any)
Integrity & ethical standard, knowledge of SAP (MM module) & thorough knowledge of inventory management. Roles and Responsibilities