Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enhance, maintain, and support our cutting-edge Content Services Platform, primarily using Java.
- Participate in the full software development life-cycle: requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, problem resolution.
- Work in an agile environment with a cross-functional team staffed in the USA and India.
- Provide guidance to Customer Support and field representatives in resolving problems and implementing new solutions at customer’s sites as necessary.
Required Individual Traits
- Full professional proficiency (ILR Level 4) in spoken and written English, preferably with professional experience interacting on a high level with American English speakers.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt to new technical challenges.
- Desire to contribute to a collaborative development effort.
Required (Primary) Skills
- Demonstrable professional expertise in Java programming
- Proficiency with data structures, algorithms, multi-threading, object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with software development for the Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- Experience working with Web Services (REST) with an understanding of RESTful service design
- Practical knowledge of working with one or more of the following J2EE application servers: Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere.
- Working knowledge of SQL and at least one RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
Desired (Secondary) Skills
- Strong working experience with server-side Java development and J2EE application servers.
- Understanding of RESTful service design.